Friday, April 28, 2006

Awe and Inspiration

Anyone who doesn't write doesn't know how wonderful it is. I used to bemoan the fact that I couldn't draw at all, but now I am more than happy that I can at least write. And if I haven't any talent for writing books or newspaper articles, well, then I can always write for myself.

I want to go on living even after my death! And therefore I am grateful to God for giving me this gift, this possibility of developing myself, and of writing, of expressing all that is in me.

I can shake of everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, I hope so very much, for I can recapture everything when I write, my thougths, my ideals and my fantasies.

-Anne Frank


I think the world lost a rare and precious jewel in March 1945 when Ann Frank died at Bergen-Belsen. Reading this, among other things, I feel sure that she would have gone on to become, apart from an excellent human being, a top-notch writer, even a great one and produced works of lasting and enduring quality. This is just one excerpt... two hundred and twenty one pages, and I was left feeling awed and humbled.

Reading the above lines was a real eye-opener. I half-felt I had written them myself. They certainly echo my thoughts and feelings to the letter. And then a shiver comes over me as I recall that old phrase, "There, but for the grace of God, go I." (Or rather, would have gone.)

It's sixty-one years too late, but goodbye Anne Frank. The world was paupered when you died.

3 Comments:

Blogger kaka said...

god damn bugger... you seem to have found a calling in life havent you - bitching... listen and listen well... you spew any more bullshit about people from the quiz club WHICH YOU WERE NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO BE IN the first place... and you will be meeting us to "talk" - so why dont you mind your own business - you good for nothing piece of crap... and stop crying and grunbling about people who have always been miles ahead of you...
keep writing... but dont spew any more shit especially when you are no one to comment on it... drill that into your thick skull...

12:38 AM  
Blogger Carleon said...

Seems like some volatile worms have found my blog...

I will write what I want and where I want and you can't stop me from doing that. If I feel the Quiz club was the most useless, moronic society of vicious backstabbing parasites that ever existed upon this planet, I am going to write it. And if you don't like it, then don't come to my blog. Two years of your personal society was quite enough for me and I don't need any more.

Furthermore, if you think that threatening me is going to make the slightest bit of difference, you err. All you show yourself to be is a sniveling coward... got that?

4:40 AM  
Blogger kaka said...

not a good thing to do... ask anyone you know... and they may be able to tell you that while we were around "in our personal" club as you said... we won everything possible in arecord that still stands... so if you think that you were good... think about it again... you clearly werent good enough...
there is no need to threaten someone as insignificant and useless as you... i suggest sticking to your talents at writing and not trying to belittle others when you were no good anyway...
if it was about threatening or beating up people... you would have gotten it long ago??
remember shivam???
no need to uselessly attract attention...

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home