Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another barrier breached...

Yes, a little after one month of beginning Galaxia, the 100,000 mark has been crossed. I'm feeling considerably bucked, as old Bertie Wooster would say.

At the moment it stands at about 104,000. Considering the situation of the story, I think the first draft should finish at approximately 180,000. Unfortunately that would mean something like 490 pages of A4 size paper (with paragraphs breaks though)... some massive editing will have to be done in June if, as I hope, I finish by the end of May.

For the first time in my life I have a really good feeling about a novel. All the ideas are original, I'm managing to develop my own style and the characters seem to be coming alive rathe ther than their usual cardboard selves. Even if nothing comes of this in the end, I'll consider "Galaxia" a massive stepping stone in my literary journey... possibly this could be the last of the "trial novels"... or the first of the "real novels"... anyway, we shall see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Subiet said...

congrats

11:43 AM  
Blogger howard roark said...

hmm....heres to hoping this is just a the first of many more novels to come..all with my character intactb i hope :-)...cheerio and good luck...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Carleon said...

Good thanks to both of you. :-)

4:03 AM  
Blogger kaka said...

not a good thing to do... ask anyone you know... and they may be able to tell you that while we were around "in our personal" club as you said... we won everything possible in arecord that still stands... so if you think that you were good... think about it again... you clearly werent good enough...
there is no need to threaten someone as insignificant and useless as you... i suggest sticking to your talents at writing and not trying to belittle others when you were no good anyway...
if it was about threatening or beating up people... you would have gotten it long ago??
remember shivam???
no need to uselessly attract attention...

2:23 PM  
Blogger Carleon said...

I'm quite aware- as I believe I mentioned in the post which is making you so furious- that I was stagnating for about four years from seventh to tenth. However the question is not about being good or not good- it's about behaving with a certain minimum amount of decency.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home